How to Get Twitter Verified in 2019
The twitter verification badge is an honor few have. The badge signifies an account of public interest and has many benefits. As a verified account, you will have more credibility and look more attractive to potential followers. You will also show up higher in search results due to your verification status. You can see a list of verified accounts by going to Twitter’s verified page.
Currently, Twitter is not accepting requests for new verifications but will be resuming very soon. They are working their way through the backlog of former verification requests. They will notify all users when they are currently accepting new requests. Preference will be given to the following types of accounts, as they represent some of the key interest areas and high followed genres across Twitter.
In the meantime, you can get ready by doing some of the following. First, make sure you understand the reasons you even want to get verified. Everyone has their own reasons, but some of the general reasons most want to do it are as follows:
Choice of How Notifications & Mentions Would be Displayed:
You will have a choice on how any notifications and mentions would be displayed in within your account along with the benefit that they can be easily filtered.
Access to Account Analytics:
You will have an edge of having access to account analytics that is normally only accessible to advertisers. Allowing you to have a greater understanding of how your account is stacking up.
Privacy of Messaging:
The twitter verification badge will allow you to decide whether he would receive direct messages from all your followers or not and are able to decide whether the profile viewers would be able to make comments on posts.
The blue verified badge would act as a symbol of proof that the account is owned and managed by the original personality. Cutting down on the possibility of parody or fake accounts.
Raises Brand Image:
Since not everyone has an option to get his account verified and hold a blue badge in their profile, it reflects the status symbol of the person owning a verified account and raises the brand image or value among the public.
STEPS TO GET VERIFIED ON TWITTER
Make sure your account is verification ready
Twitter recommends you optimize your account before requesting the blue badge, and this is what you must do in order to get it:
- Your Twitter avatar must be a real photo or the logo of your business.
- Use your real name as your name
- Add the link of your website
- Set your account as public
- Add a bio describing clearly the purpose of your account
Gather the information that Twitter will request to verify your account
- A reason for why your account should be verified.
- Documentation to prove your identities such as a driver’s license or passport.
- You must provide links to help demonstrate your identities like your webpage or the one of the business you represent.
You can include your documents in the submission form by taking a photo of your documents or scanning them to upload them to Dropbox. Get the link of the image and paste it in one of the fields for adding links.
Fill out the verification form
Enter this link Verification Application to find the form that you must fill out. Once there, you will have to complete the following information: (NOTE: If the link is not working, it means Twitter is not currently accepting applications from the public.)
- Add a link to at least two websites to verify your identity.
- An explanation of why your account should be verified in 500 characters maximum.
- Personal Documents
Some recommendations to successfully fill out the verification form:
- All the text should be original, avoid copy-pasting it from other places as it is going to be verified.
- Make sure your photo is clear.
- The document that you provide to prove your identity should be easy to verify.
- You must demonstrate that you have a good reason to be verified and that you have a career to support your submission, which you can confirm with mentions in the media, articles, etc.
Once you have completed the form, a summary of your submission will appear on the screen. Finally, you will receive a confirmation message saying that your application is under review. You will receive their final decision on your email after one or two weeks. They will approve or reject the verification of your account after reviewing all the information submitted.
If for whatever reason the verification of your account is rejected, you can always try again. Before doing so, make sure your account is properly optimized and meets all the requirements.